7 Service Projects Your Family Can do Together
When you serve as a family, your children are more likely to serve as adults. The time together will be fun, too! Here are some ideas to help you train your children to be serving adults:
- Take doughnuts to Fire Fighters.
- One fun service project is to make a card for a local fire station and buy a box of doughnuts to deliver to them.
- It doesn’t take long, but it can show your appreciation and encourage the firefighters at the station! Plus, kids love fire trucks!
- Make blankets for Project Linus or to deliver to Children’s Hospital.
- You can sit together as a family and create something warm for a little person who needs some extra encouragement. Remember to pray for the children who will own the blankets. You can pray for their salvation, for their healing, for God to provide for their medical bills and for their parents.
- You can watch a movie together while you do it or play a trivia game to connect and learn more about each other.
- Bless the people at the Douglas/Elbert County Task Force.
- Put together birthday party boxes for the birthday room.
- Initiate a Neighborhood canned food/paper goods/pantry staple drive to donate to the Task Force.
- Make connections with people at a local Senior Home.
- Make cards or bookmarks to pass out. Pray over each person who will receive them as you are making them. Deliver them door to door and let them know you prayed for them.
- Go Christmas caroling door to door as a family or with another family (or your church).
- Make lap blankets to give to the residents at the home (see #2 for how to make blankets).
- Be a part of “Fans in the Stands” at a special olympics event.
- Mail encouraging notes and cards to overseas military. There are good tips on the link on what to say and what you can send.
- Run errands or deliver a meal to a shut-in or family with a new baby. This requires being part of a community that knows what is happening in the lives of those in the community, so get plugged in! Pathmakers is a great place to do just that!